- Wash and dry nontoxic leaves, such as mint, rose, lemon, or strawberry.
- With a clean, small paintbrush, brush melted semisweet chocolate on the undersides of the leaves.
- Building up layers of chocolate to make sturdy leaves.
- Wipe off any chocolate that runs onto the front of the leaves.
- Place leaves, chocolate side up, on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet and refrigerate or freeze until hardened.
- Peel real leaf away from chocolate leaf; avoid touching the chocolate as much as possible to keep it from melting.