How can you let go May without Mangoes?
Lets try today to make Amrakhand at home.. ... Amrakhand simply means "Aam" + "Shrikhand" Shrikhand is a very delicious dessert and when paired with mangoes the result is
a heavenly dessert called Amrakhand which is usually had with puries .
Serves : 4
- 1/4 kilo chakka ( curd after removing water by hanging it overnight in muslin cloth)
- 1 cup mango pulp ( if alphanso then better)
- 1 cup grinded/ powder suger
- 4 pieces cardamom/ Elichi grinded
- 1 pintch nutmeg /jaifal powder
- 4 sticks saffron , if available but not complusory
Prep:20min › Extra time:10min cooling › Ready in:30min
- put the chakka in the mixer and grind for 2-3 minutes so that all clots will be softerned. Remove from the mixer and put it in the big bowl.
- Now put mango pulp in mixer and turn on the mixer for 2 minute. Make sure all the knots are properly dissolved. Do not add any water. Now put it into the Bowl alongiwth chakka.
- Now add grinded / powdered suger, elichi, jaifal Powder & saffron into the bowl. Either you can use curved spoon or hand mixer to mix the contents properly. You can increase or decrease the quantity of suger as per sweetness of mango and your choice.
- once throughly mixed, now pour the contents in another container with cover. Use either steel, Glass or Plastic container for storage purpose
- Put the container in the freeze for atleast 15 minutes. Can be served with chapati, puri
ShortcutYou can use ready made shirkhand, just add mango pulp and mix properly and refrigrate for 15 to 20 minutes
Courtesy : Pinterest