Ingredients:- Serves 4
- Bread slices – 4.
- Ghee/Oil - 3 tbsp.
- Milk – half liter.
- Double Cream - 2 cups.
- Sugar - 75 grams/1/3 cups.
- Chopped nuts – 2 tspn.
- Almonds/pistachios – 2 tspn.
- Saffron threads – a pinch
- Rose essence – 2-3 drops
- Remove the crust from the bread and cut them in to your desired shape.
- Heat ghee/oil in a non stick pan and shallow fry them till lovely golden colour.
- Remove them and leave them a side.
- In another non - stick pan boil milk till become thick.
- Add cream and sugar and let it boil for 8-10 minutes.
- Then add cardamom powder and saffron and leave it for few minutes.
- In a serving dish place fried bread slices and pour thickened milk and garnish with nuts.
Follow MM Mithaiwala