Carrots so temptingly orange
With thin hairy fibers hanging loose
And a crown of green at the head
Are chosen to end up with some sweet delight
Perfect lines that describe the delicious & yummy Gajar ka halwa..Here is the instant recipe of gajar halwa just in 6 easy steps :-
2 cups thickly grated
1 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp milk
4 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp mava (khoya)
1 tbsp DryFruits
1/2 tsp cardamom
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker; add the grated carrots and saute on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes
- Add the milk, mix well and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.Transfer into a broad non-stick pan, add the sugar, mix & cook well ,while stirring continuously.
- Add mava & cook for more 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the Dryfruits & cardamom powder and cook for another 1 minute.
- Serve hot or warm.
Happy Winters !!