That NUT whos's skin & body provides heart healthy benefits,and a very popular Indian confection.
ALMOND Barfi IT IS !! (Badam barfi)
The Magic power of Badam Burfi draws you in and never lets you go.
- Almonds (badam) - 1 cup (100 grams)
- Sugar - 1/2 cup (50 grams)
- Cardamom (elaichi) powder -1/4 tsp
1. Soak the almonds in warm water for about 30 minutes.
2. Drain all the water, peel the almonds and blend them to a fine paste in food processor. Keep aside.
3. Dissolve the sugar in 1/2 cup of water and prepare a syrup of 1 string consistency.
4. Add the almond paste and cardamom powder and cook over a slow flame, stirring continuously till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan (approx. 5 to 7 minutes).
5. Transfer to a plate and cool slightly. Keep aside.
6. Cut it into pieces and serve.
Eat Healthy ! Stay Healthy !!