Oil- 5 tblspAsafoetida - a pinch
Green chillies - to taste
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds - 1 tsp
Gram flour - 6 tblsp
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Mixed vegetables (carrots, ladyfinger, brinjal, drumsticks,potatoes, bottle gourd)- 2 cups/200 gms)
Curry Leaves- 5-6
Coriander leaves - 2-3 sprigs
Salt - to taste
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Saute cumin seeds ,Chillies, hing, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves on a low flame.
- Add gram flour and stir continuously until turns into brown
- Add 5-6 cups water bring to a boil and stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps.
- Add mixed vegetables into pan Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder.
- Mix very well and cover the pan by keeping a heavy weight on the lid, so that vegetables (specially potatoes) tenders well and a nice color of kadhi comes out.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with plain rice
Eat Right, Be Bright.