- Singhara atta/water chestnut flour - 1 Cup.
- Ghee - 3 tbsp [more if required].
- Sugar - 1/2 Cup [ I used less than 1/2 Cup].
- Water - 1 1/2 Cups.
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp.
- Raisins - 1 tsp.Sliced Almonds - 3 tsp
- In a pan heat ghee, add singhare ka atta and sauté in medium flame until it becomes light brown and aroma starts to fill. Be careful not to burn flour so keep stirring.
- Add sugar and water and mix well, try not to form any lumps.
- Keep stirring after 2-3 minutes until ghee starts to leave sides of pan.
- Add cardamom powder, raisins, almonds and mix well, keep stirring for 1-2 minutes until it becomes nice glossy.
- Grease a plate with a drop of ghee and transfer barfi mixture in plate. Level the top with back of spatula and allow to set, let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut in square of diamond shape, garnish with almonds slivers.
- Singhara barfi is now ready to serve.
Note: - You can add khoya for that add that after flour gets roasted well and you might need to adjust sugar too
Recipe source: - Indian khana
Follow MM Mithaiwala