2 cups sweet corn kernels
2 green chillies, very finely sliced
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 tbsp oil
few curry leaves
1/2 tsp minced ginger
a pinch of Asafoetida (hing)
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
salt - to taste
- Cook fresh Sweet corn until soft. (If you’re using frozen corn, pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles and cook them tender).
- Remove the cooked corn kernels in a plate and set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep skillet or wok in medium flame.
- When hot, season with mustard seeds, cumin and urad dal.
- Once the splattering subsides, quickly add the red chili, along with curry leaves and hing.
- Sauté it for a minute.
- Now add cooked corn.Mix well gently to combine all of the ingredients and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Lastly add the lime juice, grated coconut and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro leaves and serve warm.
Recipe source: Tasty Appetite
Follow MM Mithaiwala