1 cup hung curds (chakka dahi)
2/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp icing sugar
1/4 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
1/4 tsp nutmeg (jaiphal) powder
2 tbsp coarsely powdered nuts (cashew nuts , pistachios, almonds)
1/4 tsp saffron dissolved in 1 tbsp milk ghee to
grease the modak moulds
- Mix the hung curd and sugar in a non-stick pan and cook on a medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Remove from the flame and transfer in a bowl, keep aside to cool for 8 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the icing sugar, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, powdered nuts and saffron and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions.
- Place a portion modak mixture in the greased modak moulds. Repeat with the remaining portions to make 5 more modaks. Demould and serve.
Recipe source: Tarla Dalal's Latest Recipes
Follow MM Mithaiwala