The scorching heat of Indian summer, the one relief that we always look forward are these frozen treats! one & only Kulfi !
With so many mangoes making an appearance in the market, Lets make one ,
Mango kulfi ?
Here is the easy recipe which will take just few minute for those beauties to come out of your fridge ;)
|MM Mithaiwala - Mango Kulfi|
Prep Time: Under 15 min
Cook Time: Under 15 min
Yield: Makes 6 kulfis (or as per the size your kulfi mold)
- 2½ cups milk (about 500 milliliters)
- ¼ cup milk powder
- ½ cup condensed milk (I used sweetened condensed milk)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup alphonso mango pulp
- Combine all the ingredients except the mango pulp in a non-stick pan and mix well. Bring this mixture to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes till thickens. Cool completely.
- Add the mango pulp and mix well.
- You can set these in any container you want. But traditionally Kulfi ice-cream are served in these special moulds where the ice-cream is set. That shape has all the significance for me :) You might find these here in local Indian stores (mostly in larger ones).
- Pour the ice-cream into individual kulfi moulds and freeze till set. Or you can wait till its half set and place a ice-cream stick in the center of it (the half frozen cream will help the stick to hold it in place). Refrigerate again till completely set.
- Unmold the Kulfi. You can easily do that by placing it under running water for few seconds. Pull the stick gently and it will come out.
And Kulfi is ready!
What are you waiting? Let's DIG in (or should it be 'licking'? ;) )