|M M Mithaiwala - Besan Ke Ladoo|
- 3/4 cup (100 grams) besan (Bengal gram flour), coarsely ground
- 3/4 cup (100 grams) powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup (60 grams) ghee
- 1/4 tsp cardamom (elaichi) powder
- 2 to 3 drops saffron colour
- Mix together the sugar and saffron colour and keep aside.
- Melt the ghee in a kadhai, add the gram flour and cook over a low flame stirring continuously till it is golden brown in colour.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Remove from the fire and pour onto a plate (thali). Cool completely.
- Mix together the gram flour mixture and sugar.
- Divide into 7 equal portions and shape into laddus.
MM Tip : -
You can use regular gram flour instead of the coarsely ground gram flour for the above recipe.