Mango is called the king of fruits not just for its taste and super flashy yellow color, but also for the health benefits it offers!!
- Mango peel has compounds that would kill radicals that cause diseases. Mango peel is therefore beneficial to human body.
- Eating tender mango with peel is found to be a remedy for dysentery, constipation, piles and indigestion.
- Mango peel is boiled with water and this drink is used in India as a home remedy for stomach mucus membrane inflammation problems.
- Tender mango with skin is found to be helping morning sickness.
- The peel of mango is also found to be having good fibre content.
- Compounds present in the mango skin help fight against metabolic diseases such as diabetes
- Studies have indicated that the eating mango skin can help protect against some forms of cancer, compounds like quercetin and mangiferin present in mango skins are anti-oxidative in nature and protect cells from oxidative damage.
- Mango skin is highly effective against internal inflammations like stomach ulcers or colitis
- Mango skin is said to contain resveratrol, also present in the skin of red grapes, which helps regulate the body cholesterol levels
Mango skin is found to be having loads of anthocyanins and carotenoids. Raw mango peel is found to be having high amounts of polyphenol. Mango fruit peel is found to be having great amounts of anthocyanins and carotenoids compared to be skin of raw mango. Compounds like anthocyanins and carotenoids are powerful antioxidants that helps delay aging and protect us from varieties of diseases. These antioxidants are found to be strengthening body against arthritis, diabetes, different forms of cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. Polyphenols, the natural compounds found in flora are also antioxidants that are beneficial to body. Mango peel therefore contains good nutrients that increase the resistance power of body.
Eat the Best, Leave the Rest