Knock ! Knock ! Its summer arriving :)
Summer means happy times & good sunshine's ! This summer welcome your guest with some smooth, creamy & sweet beverage ! Here is the instant & delicious recipe of traditional beverage Piyush :)
- 200 gms shrikhand - about 1 cup, cardamom, saffron or cardamom-saffron flavored shrikhand
- 1.5 cups yogurt/curd
- 1 cup milk
- 2 - 3 tbsp Sugar or as required
- 2 - 3 Green cardamom, powdered in a mortar-pestle to a fine powder
- ¼ tsp grated nutmeg
- 6 - 7 pistachios (sliced)
- 2 pinches of saffron
- First take the shrikhand, yogurt, milk, sugar, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder in a mixing bowl.
- With a hand held blender or a wired whisk or a madani, just blend everything well till smooth & creamy. you can also blend in a jar in an electric blender. keep the piyush in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours for it to get chilled.
- A suggestion is to add 2 tbsp sugar first, if the sweetness is less, then you can add 1 tbsp sugar later.
- Pour the chilled piyush in glasses & top with pistachio or almond slices & saffron.
- Serve piyush immediately. you can also keep the piyush for a day in the refrigerator.
Happy Summer !!