Delicious nut-like taste & a texture that is buttery, yet somewhat starchy !
Yes we are talking about the healthy & tasty chickpeas.
Here are some benefits of healthy chickpeas :)
1. Cholesterol - Having elevated cholesterol levels significantly increases risk of suffering from a stroke or heart attack. Regular intake of Chickpeas can lower LDL (bad) & total cholesterol.
2. Diabetes Prevention - Soluble fiber helps stabilize blood sugar levels. Chickpeas helps to balance blood sugar levels while providing steady, slow-burning energy.
3. Weight Loss - Including fiber-rich foods in your diet plan can make weight loss more effective. Salad with chickpeas are tasty and can keep you full longer, controlling the appetite.
4. High in Protein - Chickpeas are a good source of protein. Combined with a whole grain, they provide amount of protein comparable to dairy foods without the high calories or saturated fats.
5. Energy Booster - Chickpeas can boost your energy because of their high iron content. It helps in maintaining a strong immune system and good metabolism.
Health is Happiness !!!